Explore by Category
Fun Facts about Penang!
Fun Facts of Penang:
- The name Penang comes from the Malay word Pinang, which means the betel nut tree.
- Penang is known as the “food paradise” of Malaysia as it has a wealth of street food or “hawker food”
- Penang has the highest population density in Malaysia with ethnic Chinese population as majority
My recommended must go places:
- Penang Butterfly Park, Entopia – A massive glass conservatory with over 15,000 free flying butterflies.
- Fort Cornwallis – The largest fort in the country
- Penang War Museum – Home to Southeast Asia’s largest war museum and a memorial to the many men who suffered and died under occupation.
Top must try foods in Penang: